Solid Leather Slide - Iron-Dyed Black
Minimalist design and traditional methods join forces to create the perfect shoe for laid back days. Made from naturally-tanned leather, these slides break in over time, forming to your foot.
Classic, timeless, goes-with-everything black leather slides are an essential to any wardrobe. Even cooler, Mohinders takes natural leather and dyes it black in a simple process using 100% natural elements: iron + water.
You'll reach for these slides often, from post hike/ surf/ beach sessions to a slow stroll around town, these pair with any look that channels laid-back vibes. And thanks to their slim profile, they’re also perfect to pack.
Ethically made by third-generation master shoemakers, they're made using natural processes that are inherently sustainable and non-toxic.
- Full-grain leather produced in small batches in India
- Dyed naturally using water + iron
- Colorfast, won't rub off on your skin
- Cushioned footbed
- Natural crepe rubber sole
- Cavani hand-weaving creates a durable bond between upper and midsole
- Ethically made by highly skilled, fairly-compensated artisans
- These run pretty true-to-size
- Whole sizes only, if you're a half size, round up
- For example if you're an 8.5, try a 9
More about Iron Dyed Leather
Every pair is dyed by hand in a simple process using water + iron. The myrobalan in our leather reacts with iron for a colorfast black, which won’t rub off on your feet or fade over time.
Iron-dyed shoes can be easily re-conditioned at home to restore the deepest black; some natural variation in color tone is to be expected.
- Natural iron-dye process: nothing synthetic, no hard-to-pronounce chemicals
- Colorfast black won’t rub off on feet
- Full-grain water buffalo leather molds to your feet over time for the perfect fit
- Cushioned footbed
- Soft leather lining
- Stacked leather midsole
- Durable, grippy crepe rubber sole
- Styles with a back are great for long days of exploring
How to break them in:
At first, your shoes may feel stiff or too tight. The break-in is a sign of quality shoes and handmade leather.
Get a pair of socks wet, then wring them out. Wear them with your shoes around the house for a few minutes (not too long). OR – get your bare feet wet then wear them for 30 minutes.
Once broken in, these are soft as butter and mold to your feet.
Mohinders partners with third-generation master shoemakers in Athani, India to bring timeless style to the modern world. Due to their heritage, they're made using natural processes that are inherently sustainable and non-toxic.
Using 37 steps, artisans bind the shoe with a braid-like stitch, removing the need for chemical glues, while water buffalo leather is naturally dyed using 3 things: tree bark, nuts, and water.