Matek is reinventing performance layers and doing it with incredible style that makes us excited to jump into our long underwear.
What's the Gentoo? It's a genius, game-changing cold weather essential. As a full length one piece designed with comfort and performance in mind, it can be worn by itself or under your outerwear as a base layer.
Matek's signature temperature stabilizing fabric is sustainably manufactured. Made out of super soft and stretchy recycled Nylon fabric that will keep your stank and sweat in check.
There are many clever details that have us grinning. Front button closures make layering a swift process, while the easy-access butt-flap —a nod to the union suit of yesteryear— has a hook-and-loop entry that will help you conveniently go to the bathroom without getting naked. A real win in women's onesie design.
Built with skiing and snowboarding in mind, thin mesh at the calves keep your socks in place and ensure there’s less bulk cramming up your boots.
Perfect under layers for a freezing day in Whistler or on its own for a spring day in Tahoe. Apres ski chic, slope ready and also perfect under jeans off the mountain.
- Full length onesie made from 4 way stretch jersey
- Added sweat wicking and odor protection
- Convenient butt-flap makes with adjustable hook-and-loop seams make it easy for you to go to the restroom
- Button-down center front + extra long sleeves for easy layering
Power mesh below the knee to the ankle to prevent cramming your boots
- Eco friendly buttons made from palm tree nuts
Sizing: The Gentoo sizing is tied to height, see last image for sizing table. Use the chat for any questions (chat goes to a real person excited to help you!)
- Body: 86% Nylon REPREVE® & 14% Lycra®
- Power mesh: 84% nylon & 16% spandex
- 100% organic cotton liner
- The gorgeous @Africanboheme enjoying coffee in Breckenridge
- The lovely @Aushosays, photo by the talented @Kanyaiwana
- Studio model is the founder's mother, timelessly beautiful
More about Matek:
Praised by Vogue, Goop, Freeskier, and WWD, founder Abigail Stern is taking her experience in fashion design from stints at Kassia+Surf, Acics, and Nike to create "Layers that keep you warm when your cold, cool when your hot, and dry when your sweaty." Focused on innovative fabrics, sustainability, and style, she's building the one of the most exciting brands in performance and outdoor apparel.