Women's City Slipper- Solid Leather
Mohinders partners with third-generation master artisans to bring timeless style to the modern world.
These makers are experts in cavani weaving, a handmade practice that binds the shoe in a braid-like stitch, removing the need for chemical adhesives. Using vegetable tanned water buffalo leather, their dye process uses only 3 ingredients: water, acacia tree bark, and myrobalan nut.
Wear them with denim or a cropped pant, and as the weather cools, don’t be afraid to style them with socks-- it’s one of our favorite trends this season.
- Full-grain leather produced in small batches in India
- Cushioned footbed
- Natural crepe rubber sole
- Cavani hand-weaving creates a durable bond between upper and midsole
- Made by highly skilled, fairly-compensated artisans
- These run pretty true-to-size
- Whole sizes only, if you're a half size, round up
- For example if you're an 8.5, try a 9
How to break them in
The leather is cut thick, so it’s durable and ages well. Too stiff?
- Run warm water over your bare feet. Without drying your feet, wear your new Mohinders around the house.
- Or, spray the insides well with a mix of 50/50 water + rubbing alcohol and take them for a spin.
- Or wear socks with them for the first few rounds
- Please allow up to 14 days to receive your purchase