Woven Leather Slide- Oiled Brown
The original Mohinders style, the woven slide is an eye-catching design that highlights the handmade artistry of master shoemakers, now in a classic color you can wear with everything from cut off jeans to house dresses.
You'll reach for these slides often, from post hike/ surf/ beach sessions to a slow stroll around town, these pair with any look that channels laid-back vibes. And thanks to their slim profile, they’re also perfect to pack.
Ethically made by third-generation master shoemakers, they're made using natural processes that are inherently sustainable and non-toxic.
- Full-grain water buffalo leather produced in small batches
- Woven upper, naturally tanned, no chemical dyes
- Iron-dyed to achieve black color, won't rub off on skin
- Cushioned footbed
- Natural crepe rubber sole
- Cavani hand-weaving creates a durable bond between upper and midsole
- Ethically made by highly skilled, fairly-compensated artisans
- These run pretty true-to-size
- Whole sizes only, if you're a half size, round up
- For example if you're an 8.5, try a 9
More about Oiled Brown Leather
Every pair oiled by hand using a blend of plant-based oils, beeswax, and propolis. The deep brown won’t rub off on your feet, and can be easily re-conditioned at home using Obenauf’s leather oil.
The traditionally-tanned water buffalo is made by hand in small batches, so each pair has a unique surface grain; natural variation in color tone is to be expected.
- Dyed with plant-based leather oil; nothing synthetic, no hard-to-pronounce chemicals
- Full-grain water buffalo leather molds to your feet over time for the perfect fit
- Cushioned footbed
- Soft leather lining
- Stacked leather midsole
- Durable, grippy crepe rubber sole
How to break them in:
At first, your shoes may feel stiff or too tight. The break-in is a sign of quality shoes and handmade leather.
Get a pair of socks wet, then wring them out. Wear them with your shoes around the house for a few minutes (not too long). OR – get your bare feet wet then wear them for 30 minutes.
Once broken in, these are soft as butter and mold to your feet.
Mohinders partners with third-generation master shoemakers in Athani, India to bring timeless style to the modern world. Due to their heritage, they're made using natural processes that are inherently sustainable and non-toxic.
Using 37 steps, artisans bind the shoe with a braid-like stitch, removing the need for chemical glues, while water buffalo leather is naturally dyed using 3 things: tree bark, nuts, and water.